Library Reopening FAQ
Ames Public Library has shifted to Curbside Service (from grab and go lobby service) in response to increased community spread of COVID-19.
The lobby is currently closed, but holds are available by curbside pickup instead.
Here's how it works:
- Place items on hold using the Library catalog, just as you have in the past.
- Wait for notification that your items are ready before coming to the Library.
- Park in front of the Library during open hours. No appointment necessary!
- Text "HERE" to the number on the sign.*
- Follow the automated prompts in the reply.
- Stay in your car and open your trunk or passenger window for staff to place your items in your vehicle.
* Don't have a mobile phone? You can use the web version of the text service here, or contact Customer Account Services at (515) 239-5646 ext. 2 or email@example.com for help using curbside pickup without texting.
Please wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose during your curbside pickup.