2020 Tax Year Information
For information about local AARP tax services...
If you have further questions, please call the library at (515) 239-5646 (Press 4 for Adult Services).
Additional AARP Tax Preparation Resources
AARP Taxpayer Information for Iowa:
AARP Tax-Aide Site Locator:
IRS Free File
File your taxes online for free with the IRS e-file program:
Tax Forms Available in Library Lobby
Many federal and state tax forms are now available for free in the library's lobby.
Select this link to view a list of the tax forms currently available in the lobby:
2020 Federal Tax Forms Available in APL Lobby
- 2020 Federal 1040 Form (comes as a booklet)
- 2020 Federal 1040 Instructions
- 2020 Federal 1040 Schedule 8812
- 2020 Federal 1040 Schedule A, B, C, D, E, F, H, J, R, and SE
- 2020 Federal 1040-V
- 2020 Federal Form 4868
2020 Iowa Tax Forms Available in APL Lobby
- 2020 Iowa 1040 Form
- 2020 Iowa 1040 Schedule A
- 2020 Iowa 1040 Schedule B
- 2020 Iowa 1040V
- 2020 Iowa County School District Numbers & Surtax Rates
If the tax forms you need are not listed, we may be able to print other tax forms upon request.
Please call ahead to (515) 239-5646 (Ext. 4) to ensure that we are able to print the tax forms you need.
Iowa Tax Forms
Your options for ordering forms include:
- Online forms and instructions: tax.iowa.gov/forms
- IDR forms orders by phone: 1-800-532-1531
For more information call: (515) 281-3114 or 1-800-367-3388
Free Tax Resources
- Download tax forms and instructions for other states: www.taxadmin.org/state-tax-forms
- IRS VITA/TCE/AARP Site Locators https://www.irs.gov/individuals/free-tax-return-preparation-for-qualifying-taxpayers
- ISU Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program:
- Program information: https://www.ivybusiness.iastate.edu/events/volunteer-income-tax-assistance/2021-02-24/
- Schedule appointment: https://isuvita.setmore.com/bookappointment
- ISU International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) tax resources: https://isso.dso.iastate.edu/resources/students_scholars/taxes